Common Cold Remedies That Work
So the other day, much to my dismay, I picked up a cold. This will be my second of the season which disappointed me since I was thinking "one and done" for the rest of winter. Wishful thinking I suppose. So I must admit that I'm not good at tolerating illness of any sort since I rarely get sick. I usually feel like retreating into the warm snug cocoon of my bed and staying there. Ha! Real life has something to say about that. For most of us, laying low is a luxury since our lives are so busy. Unless we get the flu where we're really not able to do much of anything, it's life as usual.
Naturally, I felt compelled to investigate cold remedies and find out what ones are effective. I hit the Mayo clinic website and discovered cold remedies that supposedly work.
- Water and other fluids to stay hydrated.
- Saline nasal drops and sprays which combat stuffiness and congestion.
- Chicken soup: acts as an anti-inflammatory and speeds up the movement of mucus.
- Soothe sore throats with warm lemon water and honey. .
- Humidity is best since cold viruses thrive in dry conditions and it soothes dry mucus membranes.