Revealing Survey on Office Romances
Considering an office romance? Have you been eying that cutie at the copier? Then check out the results below from a Valentine's Day survey from jobs website CareerBuilder. 4000 people were surveyed back in November of 2012 by Harris Interactive. This is what people revealed about office romance:
- 39% of those surveyed have dated a co-worker at least once over the course of their career.
- 30% of those who had dated a co-worker, said the romance resulted in marriage.
- Most had dated a peer, however three out of 10 admitted to dating their boss or someone else above them in the ranks. (note: you never hear that dating the boss works out)
- Most people in an office romance were not secretive about the relationship while 35% kept their romance under wraps.
I bet you're wondering which types of careers lend themselves to office hook-ups the most (from OKcupid):
10. Planning and Expediting Clerks - 4.1% say they've hooked up with a co-worker
9. Database Administrators - 4.4%
8. Food Service Managers - 4.4%
7. Automotive Technicians - 4.9%
6. Industrial Machinery Workers - 5%
5. Occupational Health & Safety Specialists - 5.5%
4. Stock Clerks - 5.9%
3. Welders - 6.3%
2. Cooks - 8.1%
1. Artists - 8.3%