Non-Profit Spotlight — Catskill Area Hospice
Catskill Area Hospice and Palliative Care "provides the very best care for patients and families dealing with a serious, progressive illness. Our sole purpose is to make life easier for everyone involved. We understand what our families are experiencing and our team of professionals provides the support and guidance they want and need."
Catskill Area Hospice helps families from beginning to end. It provides an array of services dedicated not just to the patient, but to the patient's family.
Here are their core offerings:
- Hospice Care -- A full spectrum of hospice care in patients’ homes, assisted living facilities or in nursing homes.
- Nursing Home -- CAHPC works closely with nursing homes in our service area to provide services to patients who need it.
- Palliative Care -- Provide medical consultation, skilled nursing care, pain management and medications, home health aides, medical equipment coordination and delivery, social worker visits, as well as a range of family services to help make life easier for everybody.
- Grief Support -- Professional grief counselors are on staff to assist with healthful healing after the loss of a loved one.
- Camp Forget Me Not -- Camp Forget-Me-Not is a unique camping experience that combines fun, friendship and professional grief counseling for children who have lost a loved one. The two-day camp is open to children in kindergarten through 12th grade in Otsego, Delaware and Schoharie counties who are grieving a loss.
Catskill Area Hospice clinical offices are located at 542 Main Street, Oneonta, and 116 Main Street, Delhi.