Here’s How To Participate In This Exciting Egg Drop Competition
The Oneonta Boys and Girls Club is excited to announce an Egg Drop Competition. Here are the details: This challenge is to create a container or device to hold an egg to drop from various heights. This competition is for children in 3rd-8th grade. The drop day is April 17th and is at the Club, 70 River Street, Oneonta, but you do not have to be present to win. The Club asks that at this time, only children come to the drop day as the Club has COVID restrictions to follow. For any questions, please call Jennifer at 607-432-1133
1. Egg drop containers can be constructed of any materials except metal, glass or other material that will shatter. NO helium balloons.
2. The container should not be more than 30” x 30” x 30 and should not weigh more than 4 pounds.
3. Containers must be designed so that the egg may be inserted easily before competing, and easily checked after the drop test.
4. Eggs will be provided by the OBGC on the day of the competition.
5. Heights will be 5ft, 10 ft & 20 ft.
6. If no winner has been determined after the three drops, sudden death drop off will occur at a higher elevation.
7. You may drop off your entries to the Club right up until April 17th. The drop day will be April 17th and will be broadcasted LIVE on the Oneonta Boys and Girls Club Facebook page. Please be sure to include your name and be creative!
8. Awards will be given out for the, 1st, 2nd, most creative container, Humpty Dumpty (the device with the egg that breaks in the most spectacular fashion) and Eggelicious (the egg drop device that is aesthetically pleasing to the judges)