‘Mild Drought’ Declared for Oneonta — Residents Asked to Conserve Water
The Oneonta Department of Public Works is asking city residents to help conserve water at this time.
The DPW has declared mild drought conditions, but not a drought emergency. The Village of Morris is also asking its residents to conserve water.
Some of the things that can be done to help conserve water are:
- Check your pipes at home, reporting any leaks
- Not watering your lawn
- Only watering gardens minimally, in the evening
- Limit washing your vehicle
- Use a broom, rather than a hose to clean sidewalks and driveways
- Make sure you use full loads for laundry and dish washing machines.