Shoeboxes for Seniors Community Gift Collection
It's the season of giving, and what better feeling is there than to give to those in need! Shoeboxes for Seniors teamed up with the Office of the Aging to deliver a small box of gift items to seniors in need within our community. The Office of the Aging has dedicated their time to delivering over 230 meals to home-bound seniors each week and with the spirit of the season, spreading joy is extremely important. Even the littlest things are greatly appreciated.
You can contribute by:
- Finding an empty shoebox or similar sized box.
- Deciding who the items are for - MALE, FEMALE, or NON-GENDER
- Filling the box with NEW and unopened items. Gifts can range from slippers, gloves, scarves, books, lotions, gift cards, personal hygiene products, etc. Do NOT include any products that can leak, melt, or break.
- Wrapping the box
- Labeling the box by the gender the box is intended for and attach it to the top of the box.
- Dropping your shoebox off at any drop off location or at the drop off party on Saturday, December 16th at the Green Earth.
Drop off locations include: The Green Earth, 4 Market Street Oneonta; The Working Kitchen, 5514 State Highway 7, Oneonta; The Southside Mall, Oneonta; and New York Skin and Vein Center, 6 Country Club Rd. Oneonta.
If you're unable to make it to any of the drop off locations, you may bring your shoebox to the Holiday Collection Party at The Green Earth on Saturday, December 16th from 11 AM - 2 PM. Cookies, hot cocoa, and a visit with Santa are offered!
Shoeboxes for Seniors runs from November 16th to December 16th and is community wide.