Otsego County Solid Waste Makes Changes at Transfer Stations
The Otsego County Solid Waste Department like other entities, is doing their part to keep their employees safe and the public as well from the COVID-19 outbreak. In order to do this, they are making certain requests of those visiting the two county transfer stations:
- Limit your visits to transfer stations. Instead of coming once per week, drop-off solid waste and recycling once every two weeks or more if possible.
- When dropping off, maintain social distancing from others when depositing your waste and recyclables. Stay in your car until the dumping area is clear of people.
- Do not stay and socialize with others. Drop-off your items and leave immediately.
- Please have exact change for your solid waste.
- Please consider getting temporary curbside trash pickup from a local hauler to limit your exposure to others.
Both transfer stations are operating on their normal hours currently. For more information, call 607-547-4225 or visit otsegocounty.com/departments/solid_waste.