NY State Reaches 70% Vaccine Benchmark; NYS Fair Can Reopen 100% Capacity
It's news that many of us New Yorkers have been waiting to hear. Yesterday, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that New York State has reached the COVID-19 vaccine benchmark it was hoping to achieve: a 70% vaccine rate throughout the state. Along with that announcement, Cuomo also said that now the 2021 New York State Fair can reopen at 100% capacity.
That 100% capacity means that the fair’s midway will return along with exhibits and activities in all buildings. The fair starts Aug. 20 and runs through Sep. 6 which is a total of 18 days - the longest ever for the state fair. In addition, the admission price is lower than it's been in years.
People enjoy the New York State Fair for different reasons, one of which is because there are so many great concerts to see. Below is a list of current scheduled shows from classic music artists:
- Foreigner, Monday, August 23 at 8 p.m.
- Dire Straits Legacy, Tuesday, August 24 with time to be announced
- Train, Tuesday, August 24 at 8 p.m.
- REO Speedwagon, Wednesday, August 25 at 8 p.m.
- Three Dog Night, Thursday, August 26 with time to be announced
- Sister Sledge, Friday, August 27 at 2 p.m.
- Melissa Etheridge, Friday, August 27 at 8 p.m.
- Vixen and Great White, Saturday, August 28 with time to be announced.
- Sheena Easton, Wednesday, September 1 at 2 p.m.
- Blue Oyster Cult, Wednesday, September 1 with time to be announced
- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas, Thursday, September 2 with time to be announced
There are plenty of other concerts from other types of music artists as well. You can get information on the full list of attractions and events at nysfair.ny.gov.
LOOK: Oldest Disneyland Rides From 1955 to Today