3 Nude Towns In New York State
Last Saturday was a beautiful Spring day and I'm not just talking about the weather. Took a drive towards Rhinebeck, heading down 87, when I noticed a cool looking Jeep Wrangler passing by. Taking advantage of the great weather, the Jeep had it's top off and, to my surprise, so did the woman in the passenger seat.
I was shocked and thought, where is she going like that? I had no idea but I did find some places where she would be welcome, no shirt, no shoes, no clothes, no problem.
Believe it or not there are more than a few spots to get nude in New York. Here are some official and unofficial naked and nude destinations:
- Full Tan Sun Club in Sprakers, New York is one place where you can let it all hang out. Maybe this destination was created out of the Summer of Love as they have been a nudist campground for over 50 years!
Potters Falls in Ithica, New York. This is one of those unofficial nudity destinations. Technically you aren't supposed to 'skinny dip' here but you'd have to tell that to the thousands that tan their belly and even do the belly flop at Six Mile Creek.
- Stony Kill Falls in New Paltz, New York. According to New York Upstate there are 2 places to swim in your birthday suit. Stony Kill Falls and Split Rock Hole encourage nude swimming and Hike the Hudson Valley even has a page on their site for 'naked people'.
If you choose to head to one of the official sites, Ranker has some good 'do's and don'ts':
- Underwear and/or suggestive attire are not allowed
- Must carry a towel at all times
- Photos not allowed
- Make sure you are actually at a clothes-free acceptable place. That could get awkward quickly
- Bring extra sun block
Eternal Flame Falls