Free Tax Return Help In Oneonta
By Rich Petschke
Qualifying Central New York residents needing help filling out their tax forms can get help for free on Thursday, March 23rd from New York State Tax Department employees.
Those with adjusted gross household incomes of $64,000 or less in 2016 can get help at the Huntington Memorial Library in Oneonta between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Please be sure to bring the following:
• a copy of last year’s tax return, if available;
• a photo ID, driver license, or state-issued non-driver ID (for you and your spouse, if filing jointly);
• birth dates and Social Security numbers for you, your spouse, and dependents;
• your proof of income (wages, interest, and dividend statements):
• Forms W-2, 1098, 1099
• any other documents showing additional income;
• Forms 1095-A, B, or C, Affordable Healthcare Statement;
• your Health Insurance Exemption Certificate (if received);
• supporting documents for any credits you’re claiming;
• bank account and routing numbers (such as a blank check); and your prior year adjusted gross income.