Fly Creek Barn Fire Results in Total Loss
According to AllOTSEGO, a preliminary investigation into yesterday afternoon’s Fly Creek barn fire found it may have started from a spark generated by a lawnmower. When Fly Creek firefighters found a barn at 399 Hoke Rd. fully engulfed in flames upon arrival that afternoon, they summoned help from the Cooperstown, Hartwick, Hartwick Seminary, Schuyler Lake and Richfield Fire Departments.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
The barn had hay inside which fueled the fire. Water had to be brought in from the nearby Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard. No one was hurt in the fire.
This story was provided in partnership with AllOTEGO.