Last evening, just after 5:00 p.m., a fire broke out on the back porch at a Town of Oneonta residence at 290 Winney Hill Road.  According to AllOTSEGO, a neighbor reported the fire.  The occupant of the residence was not home at the time.

Thanks to the quick response of the West Oneonta Fire Department, along with crews from the City of Oneonta, Franklin, Otego and Laurens, the flames, which has spread to the kitchen were quickly doused, before doing further damage to the rest of the home.

 

No injuries were reported and the fire is under investigation.

This news provided in partnership with AllOTSEGO.